I must admit that I have been hurt in the church and I have been hurt bad enough in times past that I have thought about not going anymore. It was when I studied God’s plan for the ages I have come to realize that it is this collective of believers in this local assembly that I go to is how God…
So, how come so many people will ignore the church and have no desire to go to church. I think I have the answers? Well at least a partial list.
- I have been hurt
- I don’t see the need
- It is boring
- It is dead
- It is the same old thing every week
- I can get it off of T.V.
- I can worship anywhere…
With that off my chest. Whew! Let me give to you the believer out there that may not be in a local assembly or have been ignoring your responsibility towards God eleven reasons why Church is VITAL!
1) To Glorify God – Ephesians 3:20&21
2) Worship – Romans 12:1; Acts 2:46
3) Exhortation or Encourage each other – 2nd Timothy 4:1&2
4) Correction – 2nd Timothy 4:1&2
5) Training or Discipleship – Acts 2:46
6) Bearing up – Galatians 6:1&2
7) Fellowship – Acts 2:44-47
8) Accountability – Proverbs 11:14, 15:22, 24:6; 27:17; 2 Corinthians 12:19-13:6; Galatians 6: 1-10; Ephesians 5:21; Colossians 3:9-10; James 5:16
9) Evangelism – Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8
10) Reconciliation – 2nd Corinthians 5:17-21
11) Growth – Ephesians 4:11-16
You can ignore church if you want to but the way I see it, and you may disagree, I get more out of church by being there than by missing it.
Another thing I want to stress here is that I go to church because I need it.
I don’t need the hassles because somebody thinks that they are more mature than me and really show their immaturity by trying to prove their maturity.
I do need the fellowship and encouragement of the sweet saints that God has changed and it is my hope that I can be that for them.
So why do I go to church? Well I gave you eleven reason above but I know that there are some who are dead set against the idea of God’s plan and will continue to be dead set against God’s plan.
Oh, let me give you another reason…
It is God’s plan not mine!
So if you got a complaint against this blog take it up with Him. I know that many will take it up with me and tell me I am wrong, so let me leave you with this…
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews_10:25
Instead of arguing about it, look up the Scriptures and “Study to shew thyself approved unto God!”
Hope to see you in service Sunday. THESE ARE…